Here is the official Blizzard link.
- Bash and Cleave will be buffed.
- Hammer of the Ancients, Seismic Slam, and Rend will be buffed.
- The tornado build will not be nerfed.
This is a step in the right direction and indeed opens up many possibilities for the class. However, I believe this is nowhere near enough to make all skills and runes useful. Blizzard did not announce that there would be more changes to the class, so it’s safe to assume that these will be the only Barbarian changes in 1.0.4.
For instance, the vast majority of people who use Frenzy are still going to use the Sidearm rune. The other runes are not being changed, so they cannot really compete. People who use Cleave are still going to use Broad Sweep. People who use Leap are still going to use Iron Impact. The other runes need to be buffed significantly.
Some skills are still much better than others. Who would take Ground Stomp over Leap or Furious Charge? Who is going to take Threatening Shout over War Cry? We need to make these skills more attractive.
Even worse, many of the passives are still much better than others. A passive should feel noticeable when you take it.
- Pound of Flesh – very noticeable increase in Health Globes and healing from them.
- Ruthless – massive dps boost with crit gear.
- Superstition – significantly reduces elemental damage, grants decent Fury.
- Inspiring Presence – the duration increase is hardly noticeable, while the 1% regeneration per second is equally futile in Inferno.
- Bloodthirst – the 3% is reduced to 0.6% in Inferno, making the passive feel useless.
- No Escape – increases the damage of ranged skills by 10%; this should be 20%-30%.
Similar things can be said for Juggernaut and Unforgiving. Even Boon of Bul-Kathos could use a buff.
The changes are headed in the right direction, but are simply not enough. Someone really needs to look at each skill/rune choice and passive and try to make them all feel powerful.